Friday, September 2, 2011

When I Grow Up

Is it possible I still haven't figured out what I want to be when I grow up? I find that living here in Seoul makes it difficult to talk to my best friends back in the US so I think this blog gets to be my venting method, so here we go. This month is a big month. Any ideas why? If you guessed my birthday that is right! I can't believe I'll be the big 3-0. Of course I have no complaints about aging because life has only become better as I have gotten older, but I find that I question about what I truly want to do hasn't been answered.

Flying is something I do really love. I started flying on 16th birthday (Thanks Mom and Dad). When I type that it's hard to believe it has been 14 years of my life. I sometimes wonder how I can even question not flying for the rest of my life.  Joining the military has been one of the greatest decisions I've made and I don't regret it. It has given me so many opportunities and taken more places than I could have ever imagined. It has introduced me to a new family and I have made lifelong friends. If not for the military, I would never have meant my hubby, and I can't imagine my life without him.

I look at the pictures below and think about all I have accomplished with the help from a lot of special people. I'd like to think I've helped a lot of people out and I hope that is the case. It's hard to imagine not doing anything besides this, but I sometimes I feel like there is something missing. Trying to figure out what to go back to school for is difficult, but I'm putting a lot of time, googling, and thinking into it. Whether I decided to fly for the Airlines, become and Elementary School Teacher, a Yogini or anything else I can think of, I'm slowly realizing I just need to make myself happy. Now I just have to figure how to do that. Don't worry, I'll be taking you on the journey to whichever decision I make.

For now though I'll leave you to check out some pictures from a few of my adventures.

Flying President Obama's Limo

I think this was a trip to Germany

Palm Tree, Dubai, UAE

The lovely desert

Pikes Place Market, Seattle

Germany

Getting to spend time with my Godson


Ascension Island

World Cup Games, Pretoria South Africa

My Plane


South Africa


Getting ready for take off

No comments:

Post a Comment