Thursday, September 1, 2011

No Turning Back



Well, it looks like this is really happening. I wasn't too worried about the marathon because I figured we could walk and take our time if we were completely drained or didn't feel well. Our main goal was always just to finish. We didn't care if it took 6 hours, we knew we just wanted to finish. Well, we just got the race packet and we have only 5 hours. Sure, I know everyone is thinking we will be fine. We've been training for 18 weeks and doing the long runs but because the course is in Korean, we have no ideal of what to expect. We have heard it is a pretty flat course but we have seen a lot of hills here!



Can anyone read that?


We received a delivery last night and to our surprise it was our bib numbers. Oh and of course they gave us 2 huge bags of rice. I guess that is what happens when you race in Korea. It is real now! I am truly super excited for this...I really didn't know if we could do it. No matter what, I have had a blast training with Rush and couldn't have done it without him. He has been an incredibly motivational throughout the whole training process. These last few days were are taking it easy and just keeping our legs moving. I'll make sure to let everyone know how it turns out so check back!

If you want to run the race next year, here is the website www.dmzrun.kr


No comments:

Post a Comment