Thursday, May 5, 2011

Smoothie Time

I've been craving a smoothie all week but every time I went to make one it was almost dinner time and too late in the day. To change that, I decided to have it for breakfast instead. I find that smoothies don't always keep my full until lunch but I had to have one today. I have to use frozen fruit, because it is still hard to get some fresh fruit here. You could obviously substitute all fresh fruit in this recipe.

Smoothie Recipe

1 cup frozen mango
1/3 cup frozen blueberries
1/3 cup frozen strawberries
1/4 cup plain organic yogurt
1/2 cup skim milk


I threw everything into the vitamix and let it blend! Having breakfast out of a fancy glass is always fun so I put it in my wine glass and topped it with some puffins, chia seeds and a little honey! It was so good. Hopefully it gives me enough energy on my morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment