Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

I think starting the day with a buckwheat bake is the way to go! They keep getting better everyday!


I had high hopes of being able to get to Insadong today, but with all the errands I had on my list I never made it. Instead, I ran around and baked some cinnamon sugar flatbread crackers. They are almost like graham crackers but healthier! I didn't make mine flat enough but they were still really good. Just a reason to try and make them again!


Cinnamon Sugar Flatbread Crackers

1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons warm water
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons sugar + 3/4 tablespoon cinnamon for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine flours, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well. Add water and olive oil and mix until a dough forms, using your hands at the end. Form it into a bowl.
Dust a baking sheet with flour and roll the dough as thin as you can with a rolling pin. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture all over top and cut with a pizza slicer into small or large crackers. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Let cool completely.

After the baking, it was time to head out on the town. Living in Itaewon has a lot of benefits!  One of the great things about living in the city are the restaurants. Going to a new restaurant every night would keep us busy for at least year! We actually try and go out about once a week so our list is continually growing. Tonight we went to an Austrian Restaurant, Chef Meili, with some friends to try something new. I was a little hesitant at first but was decently surprised. I wasn't too hungry so I had Tomato Soup, but Rush really enjoyed his meal. The weather was nice enough to sit outside on the roof so it made the night even better.

I'm still reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks and really enjoying it! I can't wait to finish it and move on to the next book, Unbroken.

No comments:

Post a Comment