Sunday, May 1, 2011

Finally Giving In

** Before I talk about the recipe for tonight's meal, check out the mile counter! I logged 5 miles today...only 95 more to go!

Rush has been asking for pizza every night for at least a week. I know you are asking why I haven't made it so I'll explain. I've tried making dough/bread numerous times over the years. I thought for awhile maybe the yeast was bad, but after buying different kinds and new bottles I've started to realize I might be problem. I follow all the directions but it never really seems to work. Of course Rush is the tester for everything so we now he always jokes about my bread making skills on a regular basis.

We went to the grocery store today so I couldn't make an excuse about not having all the ingredients because he knew that wasn't the truth so I broke down and tried again. This time I surprised myself and it was actually okay. I put in the first few ingredients, waited about 15 minutes and it actually looked like it might work. I let it rise and then rolled it out to make mini pizzas. 



Of course having a helper made it more fun, but definitely more messy too! They ended up turning out okay, but I still don't think I have it perfected. Looks like I'll be trying again.


Dough Recipe (Makes 3-4 mini pizzas)
from How Sweet It Is 
2 cups flour (I used all purpose and whole wheat)
3/4 cup warm water
1 packet dry active yeast
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt

Combine water, yeast, olive oil and honey and mix with a spoon. Let sit for about 15 minutes until yeast becomes foamy. Add in flour and salt and mix until a ball forms. Using your hands, need dough for 1-2 minutes until it is somewhat smooth. Place in an oiled bowl (in a warm spot) and let rise for 1-2 hours. Once it's ready, roll out pizza dough to the desired size (mine were about 4-5 inches wide and very thin). Bake at 375 for 10-15 mins or until the crust is golden.




No comments:

Post a Comment