Monday, May 2, 2011

An afternoon to remember

The sun is finally shinning and the weather is warming up here! I started off the day with a breakfast bake that I recently read about on Ashley's blog, Edible Perspective. This was the second day trying to make the bake and it turned out much better than yesterday. I changed up the recipe because I don't have all the ingredients available here in Korea, but I thought it was still really good. I thought it tasted a lot like banana bread and you can put any toppings you want on it! I definitely recommend honey and peanut butter.



Breakfast Bake

1/4 cup buckwheat flour
3 tbsp steel cut oats
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 ripe banana
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 - 3/4 cup of milk

Mix all the ingredients together and add enough milk to get all the dry ingredients mixed well. Lightly grease a small oven safe dish and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. 

** The great thing about this recipe is you can make changes and substitutions. Use different dry ingredients or add any other fruit you would like. Go crazy and add chocolate!

Following breakfast I decided to get my run out of the way. It was an okay run, but each time I run here I realize I don't like hills. Bad news for me is that I can't escape them unless I go run on a treadmill and I don't see that happening! I wear my GPS watch to keep track of my times, miles, and elevation changes. The highlight after my run is to download the info and see the route and information. I definitely have times when I have to slow down, but I'm still working towards my goal. 

After returning from the run I turned on the news after reading about breaking news that would be reported soon. We had no idea it would be, but we were surprised when we heard Bin Laden was dead. With both of being in the military and fighting this war, it is definitely a day we will remember. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment