Friday, September 16, 2011

Kahumana Cafe Review

I love birthdays! I think if I keep repeating that i'll eventually believe it, right? In all honesty I do enjoy birthdays. It just gives me another reason to hang out with friend and family. Today my in-laws took me to a Farm to Table restaurant in Waianae, Kahumana Farms. It's definitely a trek to get there but completely worth the drive. From the time we arrived until the time we left, we enjoyed every part of the farm. 




The restaurant was easy to find. Signs have been put up along the way to make sure you go to the right place. After being seated at our table on the lanai, we were given a refreshing tea with organic lemon. It was a hot day so it definitely tasted great. I had checked out the menu online, but everything looked so good it was hard to make a decision. They have something for everyone. I ended up picking the Greek Salad Special and loved it. I started with a south western soup followed by a large salad, with fresh greens out of the garden, hummus and pita and artichokes. All of the meals had large portions so it's easy to share! After lunch we splurged and had a little dessert. They had many desserts to choose from, but I decided to try the plum tart. It was really good, but I would definitely recommend the blueberry bar for next time. I tried a bite and it was really tasty! 










After lunch we walked around the farm to check it out. They were currently growing lettuce, chard, basil and taro. I love eating local and eating organic so this place was amazing to me. I can't wait to go back and try something new. For an interesting article about the farm check out this link

No comments:

Post a Comment