Monday, February 28, 2011

A View from the Roof and A Day in Osan

This city never ceases to amaze me! Whether you want to shop for shoes, antiques, blankets, fabric, purses or anything else you can imagine, it can be found in Seoul. The first few pictures are from the 30th floor of a friends apartment looking into Namedaemun and Myeongdong. The Namdaemun Market was one of the first places we checked out. I originally thought it was huge and couldn't imagine anything bigger, but Seoul did not disappoint because I have found bigger places...stay tuned for updated pics!





On Saturday morning we left for Osan Air Force Base. Rush had a meeting there and luckily it's only an hour bus ride. There is a bus system for all the bases in South Korea so it's easy to get from one place to the next. Outside the main gate at Osan is a block full of stores. We walked around for a few hours to check out the scenery. 

While we were there, I really wanted to try Dr. Fish. I had seen/read about this before so I was excited to try it. You get 10-15 mins to let the fish eat and then your feet come out nice and smooth! It was definitely a really weird sensation, but it gets a little better after a couple mins. It doesn't hurt, but just really tickles! And yes, I made Rush try it too :)






Following a fun filled day that included purse shopping and getting a 
custom fitted new jacket (yippee!!!), we headed out for dinner and drinks.  Apparently, we were drinking something called a kettle. All I know is that I didn't question it because I didn't want to know the answer.  Any drink that turns neon green can't be normal, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment